KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #24: 30 minute Skype Visit
Description: Jennifer Fosberry will Skype with a classroom about Isabella Star of the Story, writing and imagination!
Estimated Value: $150
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Ends: 12/6/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: Jennifer Fosberry is a science geek turned children' book writer. Since receiving her very first library card, Jennifer has had a love affair with books. She is the New York Times Bestselling author of My Name is Not Isabella (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky 2010), My Name is Not Alexander (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky 2011), Isabella Girl on the Go (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky 2012), and Isabella Star of the Story (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky 2013).
After working in the high tech industry in Silicon Valley and running away to Costa Rica for a few years, she returned to the San Francisco Bay area to read, write, and try to get out of housework. She lives with her supportive husband, her three darling children and her little dog, too.
She blogs: http://jfosberry.com/blog/
And wastes time on Facebook: Jennifer Fosberry
Donor Jennifer Fosberry’s website: http://jfosberry.com/blog/
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.