KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #17: Autographed Copies of I Took the Moon for a Walk
Description: The Moon connects us with our sorrowing neighbors in the Philippines, reminds us of our smallness, inspires us to greatness. It evokes deep feelings. It seems to reflect OUR light, OUR magic. It is a comfort, a flirt, a memory, a hope.
I Took the Moon for a Walk is a picture book for all ages which celebrates the special bond we share with the Moon. This lyrical adventure may encourage your family to begin a new, nightly tradition of taking the Moon for a walk! Items
Donated: One hardcover British version pre-signed by Alison Jay and signed/inscribed at your request by Carolyn Curtis and one lapbook (oversized board book) version signed/inscribed at your request by Carolyn Curtis.
Estimated Value: $32
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Ends: 12/4/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: Carolyn Curtis is the author of I Took the Moon for a Walk (Barefoot Books, 2004), a lyrical and luminous picture book illustrated by the internationally-renowned artist Alison Jay. Scholastic Parent & Child magazine recently named I Took the Moon for a Walk one of the Top 100 Children's Books of all time.
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.