KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #21: First Three Chapter Critique
Description: I will critique and edit the first three chapters of your work, whether fiction or nonfiction using Track Changes. I also write up a report that highlights your strengths and weaknesses, what works and why and what doesn't. Feel free to also send your synopsis or query letter so I can better understand the story and make my edit the most useful it can be.
Estimated Value: $50
Minimum Bid: $20
Auction Ends: 12/5/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: Nicole Zoltack has been working as an editor for years. She is a content and line editor for MuseItUp Publishing and also freelances. With experience editing most genres of fiction and some non-fiction, she can help polish your stories into masterpieces.
Donor Nicole Zoltack’s website: http://NicoleZoltack.blogspot.com
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.