KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #22: Developmental Editing
Description: Developmental editing (with comments embedded in your MS), plus copyediting, proofreading, and, formatting (for submission) of one picture book manuscript, or one chapter of a novel, and/or your query letter.
Estimated Value: $180-$300
Minimum Bid: $50
Auction Ends: 12/5/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: I have been editing books and teaching writing since the late 1990s. I am on faculty at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Continuing Education and teach Writing for Children's Books (picture books), Writing Chapter Books for Children, and various writing and revision workshops. I work in an editorial and art direction advisory capacity for a number of small publishers, and am an editor with Book Editing Associates. I'm also a published children's book author and illustrator.
Donor Marlo Garnsworthy’s website: http://cleverbirdy.blogspot.com/
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.