KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #19: Critique + book
Description: 1. I will give a detailed critique of a picture book, up to 1200 words OR a general critique of a chapter book (up to 6,000 words), with emphasis on character development and plotting.
2. In addition to the original critique, I will include a follow-up critique (general) of the original story if the writer wants me to give more input after revisions. *
3. Also, I will mail a copy of Being Frank for the winner to keep, gift or donate to their choice of school, library or other organization.
* Second critique must be used within 6 months of the first critique.
Estimated Value: $100
Minimum Bid: 25
Auction Ends: 12/5/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: When Donna isn't homeschooling or battling the laundry, she's writing children's stories, poetry, songs, and mysteries. You might find her fishing the Pee Dee River, hiking in the mountains with her family, or visiting her hometown of Cordova, NC. She lives in Concord, NC, and Being Frank is her first picture book.
Donor Donna Earnhardt’s website: http://wordwranglernc.wordpress.com
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.