KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #18: Young Adult manuscript critique
Description: Critique of the 1st ten pages of your young adult manuscript (adult and teen writers welcome).
Estimated Value: $50
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Ends: 12/4/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: Scott Blagden is the author of the young adult novel Dear Life, You Suck, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013. Dear Life, You Suck is a YALSA nominee for the 2014 Best Fiction for Young Adults list, a 2014 Texas Library Association TAYSHAS reading list selection, and selected to the New Jersey Association of School Librarians Annual Best Books for Young Adults.
Donor Scott Blagden’s website: www.scottblagden.com
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.