- BA and initial teaching credential- University of Massachusetts in North Dartmouth.
- Master of Education- Lesley University (Curriculum and Instruction, specialization in creative arts).
- National Board Certified Teacher- Middle Childhood Generalist.
- Naturalist, Cape Outdoor Discovery, Cape Cod. Later, President- Board of Directors, 7 years.
- Grade Four Teacher and Curriculum Developer, Plymouth, MA, 10 years
- Adjunct Professor, Lesley University Graduate School of Education, 10 years
- Educational Consultant and School Learning Director, South Coast Learning Network, New Bedford, MA, 2 years
- Co-Author, "Around the World in 90 Days," The Green Teacher, October 1996. Article updated and reprinted in Teaching Green: The Elementary Years, 2005.