Friday, April 12, 2013

April is National Poetry Month

In honor of National Poetry Month, I've been posting some of my favorite poetry books on my Facebook page. Not all of my blog readers have "Liked" my FB page, so I thought I'd share 5 of my favorite books of nature poetry here.

If you haven't liked my page, I invite you to do so now- Michelle Cusolito, Writer.

Here are 5 of my favorites, in no particular order. I love these as much for the art as for the poems.

Song of the Water Boatman Poems by Joyce Sidman, illustrations by Beckie Prange
Joyful Noise Poems by Paul Fleischman, illustrations by Eric Beddows

Hey There, Stink Bug Poems by Leslie Bulion, illustrations by Leslie Evans
Red Sings from Treetops by Joyce Sidman and Pamela Zagarenski

Step Gently Out by Helen Frost, photographs by Rick Lieder

What are your favorite books of nature poems for children?

You might also Like:





No comments:

Post a Comment