Sunday, April 25, 2010

Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge

This weekend, Rick and I explored the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham, MA (Cape Cod).

I love exploring beaches and can frequently be seen with my head down, searching the sand for shells, rocks, skate egg cases, or anything else that catches my eye. On Saturday, I was rewarded with a live specimen. I scooped up this fiddler crab as it scuttled past us.

Check out those eye stalks and oversized claw!

I know everyone reading this doesn't have access to the ocean. So... what does this have to do with you? Everything. Get outside right where you live and see what you can see. Get to know what makes your hometown, or city block, or village special. Look closely. What examples of nature can you find at your doorstep? Are there any interesting cultural offerings?

On our way home, we stopped at one of our favorite restaurants- Stir Crazy in Pocassett, MA (Cambodian Cuisine). If you're able to take a vacation or a day trip, do the same thing wherever you end up. Get to know what makes that place special.

No comments:

Post a Comment