KidLit for the Philippines is an online talent auction to benefit Mercy Corps and UNICEF relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda). Agents, editors, authors, and illustrators have donated various services and items to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with donations being made directly to Mercy Corps and UNICEF.
Auction #30: The Quirks, Welcome to Normal print, Signed by the Artist
Description: 8x10" framed print (Chapter 11) from the 2013 release "The Quirks, Welcome to Normal" - by Erin Soderberg, Illustrated by Kelly Light - Bloomsbury
Estimated Value: $200
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Ends: 12/8/2013 at 10:00 PM EST
Bio: Kelly Light was born off exit 149 on the Garden State Parkway. She grew up down the shore surrounded by giant roadside dinosaurs, cotton candy colors and skee ball sounds. Schooled on Saturday morning cartoons and Sunday Funny pages, she picked up a pencil and started drawing and never stopped. She spent quite a chunk of time drawing all of your favorite cartoon characters for companies like Disney, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon, Henson Productions, King Features and Hanna Barbara. These days, she gets to create her own characters for children's books. She has illustrated the chapter books series "Elvis and The Underdogs" and "The Quirks.". Fall 2014 ,"Louise Loves Art" comes out - her first picture book as author illustrator. More Louise books will follow, as well as "Don't Blink" by Amy Krauss Rosenthal in 2015 and in 2016, "Just Add Glitter" by Angela DiTerlizzi.
Donor Kelly Light’s website: www.kellylight.com
* Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount in U.S. dollars; no anonymous bidding.
* To automatically receive updates on the latest bids, check the “Notify Me” box when you submit your comment.
* Highest bid before the end of the auction wins.
* A note about last-minute bidding: If you are used to online auctions that end at an exact, given second, please know that the KidLitPhil auctions don’t work quite that way. Each auction ends when I post the “Auction closed” comment. I do that when my computer turns to 10pm EST, but because I have multiple auctions to close at that time (also because I am human) it will not be precisely at 10pm EST. At any rate, the winning bid is the high bid before the Auction Closed comment, even if the time on your computer reads slightly after 10:00. Thanks for understanding!
* Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
* For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.