Polliwog recently passed the 20,000 hits mark. Now I’m hoping to expand my readership even further. In the process, I hope to help others do the same by hosting guest bloggers for the first time. You don't need any special credentials to be a guest blogger- just an interest in the focus of this blog. In fact, I encourage you to get in touch with me even if you don't think of yourself as a writer. I want to bring many voices into the conversation. You can pitch me an idea and I'll help you frame it, if you feel you need guidance.
Things to keep in mind:
- This blog has a very specific focus on nature and culture. Please familiarize yourself with my focus before contacting me. If you're not a regular reader, poke around and get a feel for the kind of posts I write. You might start with the "Popular Posts" on my side bar.
- All guest posts will include a bio of the author (to be provided by the author).
- You may link to your blog or website, etc. Any links MUST be kid friendly. This is non-negotiable.
- No hard selling. You’re welcome to link to your sites or to mention your books. Any links to other sites, however, must be related to your post. Read some of my posts to get a sense of the kind of links I provide. DO NOT contact me if your sole purpose is to try to sell your products on this blog. I will ignore your email.
- I encourage you to include photographs, as appropriate. All photos must be copyright free. (That is, you cannot find an image on the internet and use it in your post unless you found it on a site that clearly offers free usage or you paid for its usage). When in doubt, use your own photographs.
- Posts should be about 500 words at the most (less is fine). If you feel you have a great idea and want to write something longer, pitch me. (Some of my most popular posts have been over 600 words, so I'm open to a great idea).
- Posts should be edited for proper grammar, spelling, mechanics,etc. If you feel you're weak in this area, ask someone else to proofread for you. I'll also do a final edit before posting.
- Ultimately, I control the content on this blog. I reserve the right to reject a submission even if we agreed to an idea. (I would only do this if your post violates my requirements, especially #3, 4, or 5). If I have concerns, however, I'll contact you first to see if we can work them out.
- Description of your favorite natural place.
- Ways you and your children (students) interact with nature.
- Review/ description of your favorite book set in a natural place.
- Review/ description of your favorite book set in another country/with a protagonist from another culture.
- Lessons you (your children/students) have learned from interacting with people of different backgrounds.
- Others? Pitch me!
If you’re interested in guest blogging, please email me. michelle(at)michellecusolito(dot)com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you want to read a post on a particular topic? Leave it in the comments I'll try to address it in a future post.