Sunday, July 11, 2010

ORR Farmer's Market

Between the July 4th holiday and the summer cold making it's way through my house, I haven't been able to post for a while. I will be back soon.

Until then, for my local readers, please remember to stop by the Tri-Town Farmer's Market from 3-7 pm every Tuesday at the Old Rochester Regional High School complex. Support your local farms and talk to the farmers about how your food was grown. Go in the main entrance and take a left. You can't miss it.

Last week, the market featured several local farms, (including Cervelli and Lucky Field Organics) a local bakery (Artisan Kitchen), a jewelry maker, a musician, and a "canteen" trailer selling hot food. There were others there but I forgot to note their names so I could share them here. I'll edit this post once I learn the names of the other weekly vendors. The Market Manager also told me she's working to locate other venders, so others may be there soon.

Update July 13th
Today's list of vendors:
Lucky Field Organics from Rochester
Cervelli Farm from Rochester
The Artisan Kitchen from Rochester
Franky's Franks- Organic, Natural, and Kosher Dogs
Green Knoll Designs (jewelry and clothing for little kids)
Great Cape Bakery from Marston's Mills, MA
Trip's Farm  from Westport, MA and Little Compton, RI
Christine's Flowers from Rochester
With music provided by Andrew Prete

No comments:

Post a Comment